another beloved quote
“ We must dare again to dream the impossible and to romance the world, to feel and honor our kinship with all species and habitats, to embrace the troubling wisdom of paradox, and to shape ourselves into visionaries with the artistry to revitalize our enchanted and endangered world. ”
– BILL PLOTKIN
CranioSacral, Integrative massage, somatic therapies and soul engaging outdoor rites of passage. work. I offer hands on bodywork, body centered inquiry with an animist lens. My offering is unique in its approach to our more than human family, utilizing these relationships as a doorway into deeper work/questions. Where is my place? How do I experience belonging and how to I cultivate community while celebrating my sovereignty.
Ive had the privilege of practicing bodywork/massage for 17 years, owning and operating my own private practice, as well as working from Colorado to Mexico. Integrative massage steeped in Somatic Psychotherapy and Engaged Somatics. My skill and gift lies in listening to the wisdom/guidance of each unique nervous system, to arrive at a place of deep restoration/relaxation.
Much of my teaching assisting revolves around ceremonial rites of passage that honors and acknowledges the stages of life that highlight human maturation and thriving. The foundation and framework is informed by Somatics/Human Development and Attachment (Annie Brook), Ancestral Medicine and Animism (Daniel Foor), and the writing and teachings of Bill Plotkin as well as my own personal practice/learning/exploration over that last 10 years in indigenous wisdom.
I am honored to have had the opportunity to study under and serve many gifted and skilled teachers, both human and other than human
Alchemical Alignment 2020 – Present
Firefly Chocolate – Online Cacao Ceremony Facilitator Training
Somatic Experiencing Level 1 & 2
Bridging Soma and Soul, Boulder CO
2. 2015- 12. 2016, Somatic Trauma Training with Swiegh Spilkin and Katie Asmus
Brooks Institute, Boulder CO
2. 2010 – 12. 2014, Somatic Psychotherapy, BodyMind Centering, Pre/PeriNatal Attachment Training with Dr. Annie Brook
Boulder College Of Massage Therapy, Boulder CO
7. 2010- 9. 2011 Certified Massage Therapy Program (764 CE hours)
Denver School Of Integrative Massage, Denver CO
5. 2011 – 5. 2011 Pregnancy Thai Massage (40 hrs)
Leslie Bruder’s Institute for Phenomenal Touch, Boulder CO
10. 2006 – 3. 2008 Graduated Phenomenal Touch Teacher Training (400 CE hours)
9. 2005 – 10. 2006 Graduated, Master Practitioner (400 CE hours)
6. 2006 – 6. 2006 Basic & Advanced 3D Hot Stone Training (40 CE hours)
Watsu with Katja Grace, Aspen Meadows Aquatic Center, Nederland CO
2. 2006 – 2. 2006 Watsu Dolphin Dance Level 1 (20 CE hours)
Oriental Healing Arts Institute, Centennial CO
9. 2004 – 9. 2005 Graduated Licensed Massage Therapist (800 hr),
3. 2005 – 9. 2005 Certified Tui Na Therapist (377 hr)
ACORN Preschool, Boulder CO
4. 2011 – 5. 2011 Children ages 2-4. Giving gentle relaxing massage
Before nap time. Supporting the children in body awareness as well as encouraging them to define and voice their own healthy boundaries.
Veterans Counseling Center, Boulder CO
5. 2011 – 2012 Military veterans challenged with PTSD. Giving Shiatu and trauma informed bodywork.